nmYou can create a multilingual survey with different language options by adding your own translations. With a single survey, your survey takers can choose the language they’re most comfortable with from a drop down menu. You can also send a link that automatically opens your survey to the selected language.
How It Works
You can let survey takers choose their preferred language from a dropdown menu on the survey, or send a special link for each language that opens the survey in that language automatically.
There are two options for translating the survey into different languages.
Auto-translate: Responsly translates the survey to a selected language with a single click.
Manual translations: You can manually add translations of questions, answers, and other fields.
Auto-translate multilingual surveys
Creating a multilingual survey is more intuitive and easier than ever to set up. The simplified point-and-click setup process will empower you to:
- Have the ability to change the default language easily.
- Test and share surveys in different languages all at once.
Let’s assume you want to create and distribute a global survey in English, Spanish, and French.
- Create a survey in a default language (Example: English default).
- Go to: Login » Surveys (Select Survey) » Settings » Translations » Select translation language.
- Select automatic translation:
- Click Save changes in the bottom right corner.
- Then add another translation in the selected language.
- Click the ‘preview’ icon on the right to review the automated translations of your survey.
Uploading translations manually to Responsly
Go to: Login » Surveys (Select Survey) » Settings » Translations » Add translation
Once you add a language, you will see the Download Translation File button.
Enter translations to this file and import this file back by clicking on the Upload translation file button.
- The template file is in Excel (.xlsx) file format.
- For each language, there is a pre-defined column in the excel file.
- Please do not make any changes in columns A, B, C and rows 1, 2 and 3.
Language added for the survey will be automatically applied, where the respondent will get an option to select from the language if multiple languages are added.